Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations (EVCS)
To bring the City into substantial compliance with the State requirements of AB 1236 (2015), The City of Highland has adopted a streamlining ordinance (Chapter 15.82) that facilitates the approval process for qualifying EVCS. Applicants planning to install a charging station at an existing building must accurately complete the application checklist necessary for permits.
1. A completed Building Permit Application. This permit application may be downloaded here.
All applications must include the following information:
A site plan and electrical plan with a single line diagram. The site plan must be drawn to scale and include full dimensions and include the following information:
- Location, size, and use of all structures;
- Location of the electrical panel for the charging system; and
- Type of charging system and mounting
- Electric load calculation worksheet
Additional information based on response to questions in the checklist (see #2 below)
2. Conformance with the eligibility checklist for expedited permitting. Complete and submit the appropriate Eligibility Checklist from the list below for expedited review
- Residential EVCS Expedited Review Eligibility Checklist
- Multi-Family Residential EVCS Expedited Review Eligibility Checklist
- Non-Residential EVCS Expedited Review Eligibility Checklist
- Application - Applications can be submitted via email at email@example.com or at the Building Permit Counter during normal hours of operation.
- Plan Review - City staff will review your application and the submittal information within one to ten days.
- Fee - Permit fees are based on the current adopted fee schedule.
- Inspection - Once all permits have been issued and the EVCS is installed, it must be inspected for final approval