To bring the City into substantial compliance with the State requirements of AB 1236 (2015), The City of Highland has adopted a streamlining ordinance (Chapter 15.82) that facilitates the approval process for qualifying EVCS. Applicants planning to install a charging station at an existing building must accurately complete the application checklist necessary for permits.
1. A completed Building Permit Application. This permit application may be downloaded here.
All applications must include the following information:
A site plan and electrical plan with a single line diagram. The site plan must be drawn to scale and include full dimensions and include the following information:
- Location, size, and use of all structures;
- Location of the electrical panel for the charging system; and
- Type of charging system and mounting
- Electric load calculation worksheet
Additional information based on response to questions in the checklist (see #2 below)
Sample Residential Site Plan
Sample Commercial Site Plan
2. Conformance with the eligibility checklist for expedited permitting. Complete and submit the appropriate Eligibility Checklist from the list below for expedited review
- Residential EVCS Expedited Review Eligibility Checklist
- Multi-Family Residential EVCS Expedited Review Eligibility Checklist
- Non-Residential EVCS Expedited Review Eligibility Checklist
- Application - Applications can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Building Permit Counter during normal hours of operation.
- Plan Review - City staff will review your application and the submittal information within one to ten days.
- Fee - Permit fees are based on the current adopted fee schedule.
- Inspection - Once all permits have been issued and the EVCS is installed, it must be inspected for final approval