The City of Highland Municipal Code Section 5.04.370 requires a permit be obtained prior to conducting a sale, commonly described as a yard, garage, patio, rummage, or similar type of sale within the City.
- The City of Highland allows up to three (3) yard sale permits per year - and the frequency in which you may have a sale is limited to three (3) consecutive days, or two (2) consecutive weekend sales of two days each.
- A yard sale may be conducted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- The Yard Sale Permit fee is $10.
- The Yard Sale Permit you receive after the application and payment is approved must be posted and/or made available upon request.
- To avoid being issued costly citations from a Highland Code Compliance Officer, please carefully review, and comply with the yard sale restrictions noted on the application.
The City of Highland wishes you a successful yard sale.
To apply and pay for a Yard Sale Permit online please click HERE.
To apply for a Yard Sale Permit in person please fill out the application below and return it to City Hall between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Yard Sale Application